Monday, November 10, 2014
Saturday, August 16, 2014
Monday, August 4, 2014
Lingerie used to be only for the bedroom, but you can't hit the sun anymore without noticing sexy, lingerie looking swimsuits. I'm a huge fan of revamping your wardrobe pieces with DIY tips, tricks and tutorials. Check out my easy How To video, DIY Lingerie Swimwear, to learn how to make last year's bikini a trendy lingerie inspired swimsuit.
What will you need?... Well a swimsuit or bikini for one, and... one pair of lace panties/underwear.
Monday, July 28, 2014
A coffee table on wheels bought from the "As Is" section of Ikea for $24 and three cans of Rust-Oleum spray paint plus primer made this do-it-yourself project a success.
Friday, July 25, 2014
1. Get some weather proof fabric and foam
2. You'll need something, in the shape and size of the cushion you want to make, so you can trace it onto the foam and cut it out.
3. Use your cut foam and place it on the fabric. Double layer the fabric so you can cut both the back and front of the cushion together.
4. Cut around the foam about a 1/2 inch.
5. With right sides of fabric together, sew edges. 5/8" is fine.
6. Leave a space where you start and stop sewing so you can pull the fabric through and insert the foam.
7. Pull the fabric through the opening so seams are on the inside.
8. Roll up the foam so it can fit through the opening in the fabric.
9. Insert foam into fabric opening.
10. Hand sew the opening closed with a ladder stitch.
Blog "Positively Splendid" explains this stitch in a tutorial: How to Sew a Pillow Closed
Wednesday, July 23, 2014
Looking for easy cake ball pops recipes and beginner's recipes for cake balls? You may also like:
- Easy Baking Recipe - Ladybug Cake Balls on a Stick
- Girl Fashion Birthday Cake Balls, Cake Pops - Simple Recipe
BIRTHDAY CAKE CAKE POPS RECIPE
Thank you for checking out my post on birthday cake balls, birthday cake cake pop recipe, decorating cake balls with fondant. You may need to read my post on how to make cake balls if you don't already have a basic cake pops recipe of your own.
BIRTHDAY CAKE CAKE POPS SHAPE: To accomplish the double layer birthday cake pop shape, you simply put two cake balls on a stick. I rolled the cake pop dough into logs of two sizes (big and small) and then sliced them just like a roll of salimi.
BIRTHDAY CAKE CAKE POPS: Slide the sticks through the larger cake pop layer, then the smaller cake pop layer.
BIRTHDAY CAKE CAKE POPS FONDANT TRIM: The fondant I used was pre-rolled and pre-died fondant in a box. Roll out a small slice of fondant, then slice it into strips. Simply apply the strips to the edges of the cake pop layers. The fondant will stick just fine as long as you apply it right after you've sliced it. Letting it dry and harden will pose problems with application and sticking to your coated cake pops.
BIRTHDAY CAKE CAKE POPS DECORATIONS: Get creative! I used fondant rolled into little balls, sprinkles, and fondant strips wrapped around a lolli stick to make the curly confetti.
For BEGINNERS at cake balls, cake pops and fondant decorating, follow this easy cake ball pops recipe to make lady bug cake pop balls decorated with fondant icing.